Schedule a 30-minute Zoom meeting with Mike
My top priorities for Brookline include:
- Addressing Climate Change. Brookline has led, and must continue to lead with steps to reduce carbon emissions, and by improving public and private infrastructure for climate resiliency;
- Affordability. We need policy planning and zoning reforms that promote sensible, sustainable growth in residential and commercial areas. I’m particularly concerned about middle-income families who continue to be squeezed out of Brookline’s housing market;
- Supporting Brookline’s Public Schools. The schools are the Town’s largest single investment in our families and our future, and our school buildings are essential civic spaces for community gathering and engagement. All need sustained investment from the Town;
- Equity. We need to ensure that Town services, including health and social services, schools, and public safety work for everyone;
- Implementing Key Financial Reforms. Many of the recommendations from the 2021 Brookline Fiscal Advisory Committee (BFAC) report would allow us to make real progress on these priorities. The Select Board needs to lead on implementing those recommendations.
I have a reputation for listening carefully to all sides and the ability to build consensus around practical solutions. I want to apply that approach to bring all parts of our community together.
In that spirit, I welcome the opportunity to talk with Brookline residents and anyone else with an interest in our Town. Just use the calendar below to book a Zoom or telephone appointment.
Brookline Civic Leadership
With a professional career in management consulting, a personal commitment to community and service, and a decades-long interest in transportation (as well as having been a bicycle commuter), I am proud to have served and led in Brookline by putting that knowledge and experience to work. Highlights include:
- Select Board, Member, 2022-present
- Advisory Committee (the Town’s Finance & Budget Committee)
Member, 2012-2022; Schools Subcommittee Chair, 2012-2019; Chair, 2019-2021
- Transportation Board
Member, 2003-2011; Chair, 2007-2011
- Brookline Community Foundation
Board member, 1983-2005; Chair, 1993-2003
- Precinct 3 Town Meeting Member, 2016-2022
My undergraduate degree in economics from Clark and MBA from Cornell University led me to start my career in a small manufacturing company with a world-wide market. In the process, I became fascinated by the applications for technology and data in business, and for the last 25 years of my career helped lead an international consulting firm that brought those elements together to help companies thrive in a global environment.
- Fuld & Company, Inc., Cambridge, MA (Competitive Intelligence Consulting)
Senior Vice President, 1992-2014; COO 1992-2011
- SMI, Inc., Needham, MA (Closed-Loop Control Systems)
- Bainbridge-Aquabatten, Inc., Canton, MA (Sailcloth & Sailmakers’ Hardware)
Director of Operations, 1986-1989
After retiring from Fuld & Co., I’ve had a second career as a volunteer that combines a commitment to social and economic equity with my experience as a consultant. Since 2015, I’ve been a member of SCORE, a national, federally-financed organization that provides experienced mentors to small for-profit and non-profit businesses and start-ups at no cost. Just in the past year, we helped over 140,000 diverse small business entrepreneurs find their footing amidst the pandemic.
- SCORE Boston
Mentor, 2015-present; Co-Chair, 2017-2019
- SCORE Association
Member, national Board of Directors, 2019-2021